- PreemiePrep APP - Created by MPO to assist healthcare providers in the careful assessment, screening, and parent education necessary to prepare late preterm babies for discharge to their home.
- Makena Care Connection - A dedicated customer support program for patients and their healthcare providers that helps facilitate the prescription process.
- SSA.gov - The Social Security and Supplemental Security Income disability programs are the largest of several Federal programs that provide assistance to people with disabilities.
Growth, Development & Early Intervention Services
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Neonatal Perinatal Medicine - Information for families and caregivers, including helpful links
- Children's Minnesota - Includes patient/family education materials from topics A-Z
- Count the Kicks.org - There is a way to help you know if your baby is active and healthy
- Feeding & Medication Log - track your baby's feeding, sleep, and more
- Immunization Records - locate your adult or childhood immunization records
- MMRV Vaccine Safety - Information on measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella, and how to protect your child
- Minnesota Department of Health - Maternal & Child Health (MCH) Section - The MCH Section strives to improve the health status of children and youth, women and their families.
- Questions & Notes for Preemie Professionals - Keep track of your questions and health concerns for your preemie's next appointment.
- Risks in Not Vaccinating - Recognize the risks to your child and others should you choose not to vaccinate
- Rotavirus - Information on rotavirus and how to protect your child
- RSV - Information on RSV and how to protect your child
- Vaccines & Immunizations - Whether before birth, before school, or into adulthood, learn which vaccines you need throughout life.
- University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital - Includes patient/family education materials from topics A-Z
- Adrenal Fatigue Solutions - Techniques for coping with stress as a parent
- Glossary of NICU Terms - Definitions of customary NICU terms and acronyms
- Minnesota Milk Bank for Babies - MN Milk Bank for Babies' mission is to improve infant health outcomes by ensuring that medically vulnerable babies in Minnesota and the Upper Midwest have access to safely pasteurized life-giving human donor milk when mother's milk is unavailable or in low supply.
- Minnesota Preemies - An online support community specifically for local families
- Parents as Teachers.org - Parents as Teachers is a national organization with the mission to provide information, support and encouragement to parents, encouraging optimal development of children during the crucial early years of life. This site has articles, tips and links to other resources.
- PreemieCare.org - Dedicated to supporting families of infants born preterm through education, support, and resources
- Prematurity.org - Information on preemie babies, preemie children, and preemie family support
- Your Premature Infant - interactive programs: cues, body movements, sleep & and awake states, crying, senses, interacting, feeding and parent stories
- Zero to Three.org - A national nonprofit organization that informs, trains and supports professionals, policymakers and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers
Professional Education & Resources -Articles
- Donor Human Milk Update - In the last decade, the use of pasteurized donor human milk (DHM) has become the standard of care for very low birth weight (VLBW;<1500g)infants throughout the world when mothers' own milk (MOM) is not available.
Professional Education & Resources - Online Courses
- Impacting the Opioid Crisis - This course will empower non-prescribing providers to directly impact the ongoing opioid crisis in the United States through increased knowledge and tools that will transform practice and policies.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) - Infants born preterm or with complex congenital conditions are surviving to discharge in growing numbers and often require significant monitoring and coordination of care in the ambulatory setting.
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) - The AAFP exists to power 134,600 physicians and medical students nationwide, as the only medical society devoted solely to primary care.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) - The ACNM is the professional association that represents certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) and certified midwives (CMs) in the United States.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) - MN Affiliate - The local affiliate of the ACNM, offering local continuing education, networking, and events.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) - The ANCC credentials both organizations and individuals who advance nursing.
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (AWOHNN) - AWHONN's mission is to empower and support nurses caring for women, newborns, and their families through research, education, and advocacy.
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (AWOHNN) MN Section - The local section of AWHONN, offering local continuing education, networking, and events.
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) - NANN is a community of registered nursing professionals who care for infants born with a variety of health challenges and surgical problems.
- National Perinatal Association (NPA) - providing programs, services and opportunities to learn and engage
- Nursing.org - Information on becoming a Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse in Minnesota
- South Dakota Perinatal Association (SDPA) - The South Dakota Perinatal Association is dedicated to improving outcomes of pregnant women and infants through education in the State of South Dakota.
Professional Education & Resources - Webinars
Support for Parents & Postpartum Depression Information
Utilizing the above links may take you away from the Minnesota Perinatal Organization (MPO) website. MPO is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
2019 Minnesota Perinatal Organization